COURSE B: HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING FOR THE VPH
A practical introduction to HPC usage
Final Program 4th September (Room 1.03):
- 13:00-14:30: Introduction to HPC computing – a practical tutorial (Dr. Marco Verdicchio, SURFsara)
- 14:30-15:00: Short practice session with sample codes on HPC
- 15:00-15:15: Coffee-break
- 15:15-16:15: Application: Cellular blood flow simulations for HPC (Britt van Rooij and Benjamin Czaja, University of Amsterdam)
- 16:15-17:15: Application: Simple magnetic drug targeting simulations with HemeLB (Dr. Robin Richardson, University College London)
About: The lectures target early phase researchers and aim to provide a short and concise introduction to HPC programming. All lectures are hands-on using Barcelona’s MareNostrum supercomputer.
Requirements: Attendants have to provide their own laptops.
Course fee: Free to attend, pre-registration required. Limited number of positions. THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED
The course does not cover for lunch but there is a cafeteria at the building with different menus.
Link to the recording of the pre-course: https://www.compbiomed.eu/events-2/high-performance-computing-for-the-vph/